My time in Saint-Louis has been very memorable to say the least. The weekend before I left, they finally finished replacing all the arcs on the bridge, the symbol of the city.
But mostly, it's the people I'll miss. For example, there's always Mame Lala, a great girl with a huge heart.
And the adorable Yoan and Claudia who kept me on my toes this summer.
I'm really going to miss running into people I know in town randomly, like my talibé boys. I've known these two for 3 years, and they're growing up nicely. This is Harouna, one of the sweetest boys ever. Now he's 20, works in a boutique, and will hopefully find a nice girl to marry soon. He was very patient with me and very eager to help me learn Wolof. Great guy.
This is Elimane, an older talibé in one of the daaras that Claire Enfance helps. He's a badass with a big heart.
This is Oumar, another one I've known for 3 years. Always with a big smile on his face no matter how hard things are for him. Inspirational really!
I'll also really miss the Lopez family. Edouard calls me his secretary because I keep all the dirty secrets he tells me about his crazy life. He'll be hard to leave.
I had a few great groups of students. This was my first agro class. They were sweeties!
This is my second agro class. So much fun.
And then there are these guys. In the second group, these are probably my favorite students, the ones I got along with best. The ones I'll really miss!
Overall, teaching was an excellent experience... I learned a whole lot!! As usual, my experiences here were wonderful, the I'm definitely ready for a change. Morocco soooooon!
No comments:
Post a Comment