28 June 2011

So, I'm not very good at this whole blog thing this time because my life just isn't that interesting day-to-day. Here are a few things I've been up to, though.

Classes have been going pretty well... and I finished up with my Haitians, the first group I started teaching here. We had a party on the last night and it was a blast.



There was a jazz festival in Saint-Louis that is historically great and very well organized. This year was a pitiful exception to that long line of great festivals. In any case, two of the numerous bars in town were packed!!



Lately, the whole town has been really calm... and relatively boring.



But the sunsets (at 8pm!!) have been beautiful!



When I have a free weekend and when I have the money and the energy to travel a bit, I head to Dakar to visit a friend... and we like to paint the town red. :D



When I go, I also eat really well. Thai curry!



Indian curry!



And vanilla lattes on a beautiful terrace on the ocean.



My host family had another American student with them this year, so we had a going-away party for her when she left.

No comments: