28 December 2009

So, Thailand is amazing, and I'll post more later when I get home, but here's a sneak peek to give you an idea of the stuff I've been doing thus far this week. In most of the pictures, I've tried to include a person... so you can tell the scale to understand how monstrous these places are.

We took a day trip up to Ayutthaya to see the Ancient City Ruins. Incredible. Here are the ruins at Wat Phra Si Sanphet.

And here another one. This is a huge Buddha statue at Wat Yai Chai Mongkhon. There aren't any people in the photo, but you can see how little the ladder leading up the back in the middle is.

This one was pretty sweet, too. Huge! Wat Phu Khao Thong.

Here's one of the things I saw today. This is Wat Suthat. Beautiful. All around the outside are TONS to Buddha statues.

And then Wat Traimit, the temple with the Golden Buddha. You can't really understand just how big this place is without actually being there... I guess that's the same for all of them. It's hard, though... because I want you to see exactly what it looks like!

Hope the links work!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

stephanie, those pictures look amazing. i'm glad you are having fun!