06 February 2008

So, London has been pretty exciting. :D As I said earlier, we got to our hostel pretty late, and crashed right away. We got up yesterday (Tuesday morning) for breakfast (Nutella!) and then went started walking around a bit. Hyde Park, 2 blocks from the hostel, is huge. And gorgeous. With Kensignton gardens and a palace all within the one side, it's beautiful. We walked around a bit more and then went to lunch at a cute little Thai restaurant. London is wicked expensive. I don't think we've had a single meal for less than £7 = $14, and we've been trying to not spend money. We came back for a nap and then set out for Speaker's Corner and Oxford Street. We walked the whole way (which is a really long walk), did some shopping, and then came back for dinner at "The Finest Persian Restaurant", the name of 4 restaurants on the block. We were going to go out but needed to get some sleep, so we just stayed in. I went back to my room and spent some time with the Germans who were there. It was interesting; good conversation, then when they went out, I was alone and watched some CSI: Miami (the worst of all of those shows) and promptly fell asleep. And I slept like a rock. Today, we spent the morning talking to people in the hostel: a woman from Poland, a guy from Solvenia, an Italian couple, and then we went to Trafalgar Square, the National Gallery, Leicester Square, and Covent Garden. When we were there, we bought tickets to see Avenue Q tonight! AVENUE Q! In London. A bit more than I would've liked to have spent, but it'll be great. :D So, now it's naptime. And then we're out for the night!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, you have already seen a lot! Have fun at Avenue Q tonight! We are getting 10" of snow today. You are lucky to be out of town!!
Mom

Anonymous said...

YAY!! It sounds like you're having a great time! I know you'll love Avenue Q...especially in London. lucky girl. I miss you.

Stacy D said...

OMG. CSI: Miami is the worst show EVER!!!!!!!!!! The acting is horrible.

The problem is, I still watch it if there is nothing else on. ::blushes::

Have fun at Avenue Q!

Anonymous said...

oh fw, that's awesome! enjoy meeting all the crazy cool people that come across your path.

try going to a grocery store and buy some supplies rather than eating out all the time. it helps save the pounds.

Anonymous said...

i've been to a lot of those places. chyeyeaaahh.
hope you had fun though. i hope you spoke at speakers corner...and i also hope you spoke in german with the germans lawlz. :)