08 February 2008

Avenue Q was fantastic. What a great show. It was excellent, especially when they changed a few of the jokes to be more culturally appropriate... and also how Maggie and I were the only ones laughing at a few of the jokes that weren't readily understood in England. Good stuff. After the show, we went out to a cute Italian restaurant where there were only Polish people working. We had pasta and a glass of wine and weren't even carded... last time that'll happen for awhile. :D The next morning, we got up for breakfast and went back to sleep. Reset the alarm for 11h30. Reset the alarm again for 12h45. And then again for 13h00. And then again for 1h11. We finally got our butts out of bed around 13h30. We went to Buckingham Palace, St. James Gardens, Westminster Abby, and the Tate Modern art museum... which didn't have the slides like I thought it did. Made us pretty sad. We came back and hung out around the hostel for awhile (which is now full of French and Spanish people!). We were still exhausted, so we stayed in to watch a movie, The Interpreter. Great movie. And now, we're still not getting up too quickly, as it's 11h46 and we're still here. But it's great. Relaxed. Everyone here is great. The hostel is awesome--very clean and safe. Nice.

And that's about all I have to say about that. Hope all is well. Drop me a line or something and let me know how you're doing back home!

Oh& I've posted pictures on Facebook if you want to check them out. I'll put them on photobucket as soon as I can get a faster connection or have the patience to put them on with this connection. Bisous! Also, if you want to check out Maggie's journal, which is probably more detailed than mine is, do it here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what I'm going to do with a whole semester away from StePHANE.

I miss you terribly, and keep wanting to call you at night and say GUESS WHAT I SAW TODAY. (but I can't).

It's busy here. I'm tired. That's about all.

Anonymous said...

So, we never got to get together before you left, and now I'm reading your blog thinking....dammit! I miss you tons and I hope that you continue to have an amazing time! MWAH!