19 September 2011

Wow! Lots of changes! Now I'm commuting weekly to Casablanca where I work for a cute little preschool / day care center called Le Petit Train, a French-style school where Moroccan and French children come to school. (The site is all in French, but you can see some photos.) Primarily, they learn French, but there is an English section that began this year. And at the request of the parents, they hired me as a teacher who could help with English but who can also reinforce their French language skills, too.



The children who attend are (to my knowledge) quite affluent, so the school has quite a few resources. And after a bit of a rocky start, I think my coteacher and I finally have things a bit more ironed out.



We have a nice little classroom with only 10 kids, so that's definitely manageable!!



The only problem is that I don't yet have an apartment in Casablanca, so while I'm looking for one, I'm living in hostels. Casa is great, though. It's so much livelier than Fes, so it'll be a better, more open-minded fit for me, I'm sure... in spite of the HIGH cost of living. I'll make it work.



The children are 2-3 year olds, so they're TINY, but they're sweethearts. I'll get some more pictures as soon as I can. But one little girl always brings in a flower for me every afternoon that I often wear in my hear (which she finds a tad silly). I think I'm gonna like this gig!!

No comments: