29 November 2009

So today, I had a lovely day with my coworker 수진 (Soojin). She drove us to a lovely Italian restaurant where I had a 맛있는 알리오또레 리소토, a delicious aliotore risottot. And then we went into Seoul to visit her old university library. It was just great. I didn't expect to miss school, but I really do. I don't know if I really want to go back... I just miss being able to have higher-level discussions with people.

Here's a picture of the library hall inside.



And here's a picture of the a shelf of books.



You can't really see it very well, but these books are all written in different languages: Korean (4), Dutch, Russian, French, and English. How cool is that?! There were also books in German, Japanese, and Chinese more toward the left on the same shelf. I really wish Americans would hold themselves more globally responsible linguistically (among other ways).

Anyway, it was a lovely, lovely day. :D

1 comment:

Liz said...

Love the picture of the bookshelf! Hope that you had a good thanksgiving!