16 August 2009

Incheon on!

안녕하새요! Sigh. The end of another great weekend! I'm enjoying myself a lot!

While this week didn't go as smoothly as last week, things went pretty well. I have one class of 10 older kids... and they just have no desire to be in class. They're my favorite kids but my least favorite students. They're great kids, but they can't focus on anything, and then I just get frustrated with myself for not being able to handle it better. I'm going to try to talk to my co-teachers to get some new ideas on how to deal. Sigh. Hopefully it'll go better.

Anyway, someone took a picture of the teachers' room, so here's where I spend my time when I'm not teaching.



On Wednesday night, we went out to celebrate hump day to get us through the rest of the week. It was a really great time. Eddie brought one of his friends, JK, who apparently is a professional musician; he played the guitar on the recording of some popular Korean artist! And he still works at the studio. We spent a lot of time talking about music, and he said he'd take us to a jazz club sometime! Yes! How exciting!

On Saturday, Eddie (and his friend Teddy) took us into Incheon. It was a great time. First, Krista, Jackie, Renee, Toby, and I headed into Chinatown where we met David, another one of Eddie's friends.

After walking around for awhile, we saw a traditional parade with dancing and dragons.



We stopped by a small "Housing and Living Museum" to see traditional housing. It was interesting... but I guess I thought it would be more fun to play laser tag inside. Haha. After the museum, we headed to a temple in Songdo, a neighboring city. It was beautiful.

I love this picture. You can definitely see how developed it's become. This city wasn't even around 2 years ago. It's unbelievable.



There was a monk ringing the bell at the temple. It's so peaceful!



We caught sunset at a breakwater in Songdo...



... and snapped a couple of photos... (Teddy, Krista, me, and Toby)



... and then went to the World Cup Stadium before heading downtown to a norebang, literally, a "singing room": a karaoke room!



So much fun! Snacks, drinks, karaoke, good company...



It was a great time. Obviously. :D

No comments: