17th already. :[
For the past three days, we've had all day planning sessions with a team from Dakar to help get things with Claire Enfance moving along. It was interesting. Mostly in Wolof, sometimes in French, and I really could understand most of it. And, most importantly, I can identify what I don't understand. It's exciting.
The guys that came are the bigwigs of the entire umbrella organization. And it's cool to watch them work. They obviously really know what they're doing and they're also really good facilitateurs. It was cool. And loooooooong. I already still wasn't feeling the best, and then it's all in Wolof and French (as in not my first language), so I have to concentrate to follow what's going on. Anyway, it was interesting to see how business is conducted. These guys are said to be some of the most "efficient" and "Western" directors because they get down to business. That means that 2/3 of them showed up on time. Haha. Interesting none the less.
Other than that, I really haven't done much at all in the past few days. 8 hours a day at training, dinner, hang out for awhile, sleeeeeep, wake up early (7h45!!!) and do it again. But we're done! Alhamdoulilahi! So tomorrow I'll be with the fam in Ngallele.
Oh, and I lost my freakin' phone! Dammit! I'm working on getting a new one... hopefully I'll be able to borrow from someone because it's pretty dumb to buy a new one for 2 weeks. (Sad. 2 weeks.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment