Yesterday was a great day. :D
I was at the other center of Claire Enfance with Goudiaby, Nioufa, and Tounkara. I was being their office bitch, entering in the names and information of every kid that has come to their center (30-50 everyday!) since September... all by the end of the year. It's not that bad... especially when Goudiaby was keeping me company, listening to Kenny G (hahahaha), trying to convince me it wasn't muzak, a term I'd just taught him. Hysterical. We went after to eat at Fanta's house. Fanta has two identical 5 year old twin girls and a 18 month old boy. Oh my God, what cute annoying kids!
It took a common transport back to town. These are called "cars rapides", yet they are neither cars nor "rapides". Haha. It took me soooo long to get home. And then I went to the market to buy mouse poison for Anna who has mice in her house. The guys in the market thought it was absolutely ridiculous that a toubab was asking for mouse poison (in Wolof, no less)... much laughter ensued.
Later, Lamine and I went to his friends' house, and we gave an impromptu concert to a few of his friends (Los, Kader, and Boubacar) who, coincidentally, think I should pursue a music career. We were over there for hours, talking, playing, singing, rapping. Kader tells the most amazing stories. They're just stupid stories, but he tells them with such passion that you can't even take your eyes off him. He was telling me stories about the French chick that he was dating for a year and all the horrifying things she did. Just hysterical.
Went to Goudiaby's place for dinner, met the people he lives with. It was really nice. Had some really good serious discussions with him and Iba, one of his roommates. It was really cool.
My life is so African here. I don't do anything. Ever. Except drink tea, sit, and chat. For hours and hours each day. I love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"my life is so african here"
http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/orly.jpeg !?!?!?
i guess taht kinda makes sense since you're spending your cents in africa.
i heard an nsync xmas song on the radio and thought of you!
glad you're having a good time:)
Post a Comment