14 February 2012

So, here are some more photos to tide you over!

One week, I got to one of my schools quite early, so I went for a walk. And this was a local market a bit off the main drag. Very Moroccan.




As an Islamic kingdom, the holiest day of the week in Morocco is Friday. Even having lived in my apartment since October, I had never seen the Friday afternoon prayer on the main boulevard right nearby. They actually shut down the side of the street near the mosque... and people gather in the street to pray.



These cars are actually empty... the huge busy street becomes a parking lot for about a half hour.



I also teach on the 6th floor of one a huge "business park"-type complex. There's a beautiful view!



Leap Year in Morocco!



A whole kilo (2.2lbs!) of strawberries for less than $2?? Okay!!

No comments: