28 January 2010

So, I know I haven't updated in awhile... but that's mainly because I really have nothing interesting to say. I might be living in Korea, but it's become very much just... normal everyday life.

Right now, however, is a bit of a point of transition. We're losing a two foreign teachers, and two Korean teachers. The two foreigners are just great people that the program is going to have a hard time replacing! :'( Both of the Korean teachers are really full of life and will also be really hard to replace. They're both getting jobs in the public system, so I'm very excited for them to move into a situation that will be better for both of them... I'm also really really sad that they're leaving. :'( Really sad. The office is going to be completely different without them.

We are, however, getting new teachers which will hopefully bring some new life into the office. It's been fun training in the new teachers. They're the first new people I've really had a lot of contact with, so it's exciting to feel useful. And to not feel like the newbie anymore. We're going to Cinderella, the ballet, this weekend, so that should be fun.

I'm also just about to start my 6th month of teaching. And my schedule is going to be quite different, so I'm looking forward to that, too. I'll be taking over an amazing class of really bright second graders that I'm really really excited to work with. And I'm getting a few new classes, getting rid of a few terrible ones, and I also have to say goodbye to a few of my favorite students.

Hopefully with all of these changes, things will smooth out. Sometime soon I'll try to update with some more quotes from students.

Here are some just to leave you hanging:
One of the vocabulary words was "tool", so I gave my kids some examples of tools, and then I said later, "You can also call someone a tool if you think they're being stupid." Haha. And so later, one of my boys comes up to me and says, "Teacher, you are a tool!" Hahahah. I about died. And when he knew that I was laughing so hard, it made him giggle, too. :D

One night, with my older kids, they were talking about what to do if you have a cold, etc, etc, etc. They were saying how they always take medicine, and I said that my dad always said to drink water. Later in the class, we were talking about how some character in a story had a broken leg. I asked them what he should do. "Teacher, I think he must drink water." Love that class.

Another update soon maybe?

1 comment:

Liz said...

haha. what adorable photos by the way, let me know how the Cinderella ballet is!!