29 January 2008

So, I love my job.

Yesterday at work, one of the older boys brought a guitar, and he's an incredible player. Very impressive. And I told him so. With a smile, he said, "I don't have enough fingers." I laughed a bit and said that I feel like that some days, too. He said, "No. I don't have enough fingers." He held up his hand, and he was missing the top half of his left pointer finger, a very important guitar finger, and smiled. He said his dad didn't want him to begin playing because he wasn't sure if his son would be able to do it, wanting to shield him from the disappointment. Instead of giving up, this young man threw himself into guitar, and having only taken 2 months of lessons (a few years ago), I'd have to say he's one of the best guitar players I've ever met... only making it more incredible that he only have 3.5 of the required fingers. A real inspiration.

Did I mention I love my job? Well, guess what?

No comments: